Direct Probes of Linearly Polarized Gluons inside Unpolarized Hadrons [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2011.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- We show that the unmeasured distribution of linearly polarized gluons inside unpolarized hadrons can be directly probed in jet or heavy quark pair production both in electron-hadron and hadron-hadron collisions. We present expressions for the simplest cos 2φ asymmetries and estimate their maximal value in the particular case of electron-hadron collisions. Measurements of the linearly polarized gluon distribution in the proton should be feasible in future EIC or LHeC experiments.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Phys.Rev.Lett.106:132001,2011 106 13 ISSN 0031--9007 FT
Pisano, Cristian; Brodsky, Stanley J.; Boer, Daniel; Mulders, Piet J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14706295