Measurement of branching ratio and B<sup>0</sup><sub>s</sub> lifetime in the decay B<sup>0</sup><sub>s</sub> → J/ψ f<sub>0</sub>(980) at CDF [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2011.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 14 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We present a study of Bs0 decays to the CP-odd final state J/ψ f0(980) with J/ψ → µ+µ- and f0(980) → π+π-. Using pp̄ collision data with an integrated luminosity of 3.8 fb-1 collected by the CDF II detector at the Tevatron we measure a Bs0 lifetime of τ(B0s → J/ψ f0(980)) = 1.70-0.11+0.12(stat) ± 0.03(syst) ps. This is the first measurement of the Bs0} lifetime in a decay to a CP eigenstate and corresponds in the standard model to the lifetime of the heavy Bs0 eigenstate. We also measure the product of branching fractions of B0s → J/ψ f0(980) and f0(980) → π+π- relative to the product of branching fractions of B0s → J/ψφ and φ→K+K- to be Rf0/ψ = 0.257 ± 0.020(stat) ± 0.014(syst), which is the most precise determination of this quantity to date.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:fermilab-pub-11-279-e
- Published through SciTech Connect.
"arXiv eprint number arXiv:1106.3682"
Physical Letter D 84 5 ISSN 1550--7998 AM
Amidei, D; Aaltonen, T; Amerio, S; Anastassov, A; Annovi, A; Apollinari, G; Antos, J; Arisawa, T; Apresyan, A; Gonzalez, B Alvarez; Appel, J A; Cantabria Inst. of Phys.]; Dubna, JINR].
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14706332