Boosted Objects [electronic resource] : A Probe of Beyond the Standard Model Physics
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2012.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 18 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We present the report of the hadronic working group of the BOOST2010 workshop held at the University of Oxford in June 2010. The first part contains a review of the potential of hadronic decays of highly boosted particles as an aid for discovery at the LHC and a discussion of the status of tools developed to meet the challenge of reconstructing and isolating these topologies. In the second part, we present new results comparing the performance of jet grooming techniques and top tagging algorithms on a common set of benchmark channels. We also study the sensitivity of jet substructure observables to the uncertainties in Monte Carlo predictions.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:slac-pub-15081
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Report of the Boost 2010, Oxford, United Kingdom, 22-25 Jun 2010.
Dasgupta, M.; Abdesselam, A.; Buckingham, R.; Haas, A.; Halkiadakis, E.; Brooijmans, G.; Bitenc, U.; Frandsen, M.T.; Ellis, S.; Butterworth, J.; Davison, A.; Kuutmann, E.Bergeaas; Bruckman de Renstrom, P.; Buarque Franzosi, D.; Chapleau, B.; Dolen, J.; Fassi, F.; Ferrando, J.; Frost, J.; Gadfort, T.; Glover, N.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14706349