Search for new physics in t̄+ large E<sub>T</sub>-> bb̄qq̄qq̄ + large E<sub>T</sub> final state in pp̄ collisions at √s=1.96 TeV [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2011.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 7 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Nuclear Physics
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- We present a search for a new particle T' decaying to a top quark via T' = t + X, where X goes undetected. We use a data sample corresponding to 5.7 fb<sup>-1</sup> of integrated luminosity of pp̄ collisions with √s = 1.96 TeV, collected at Fermilab Tevatron by the CDF II detector. Our search for pair production of T' is focused on the hadronic decay channel, pp̄ = T'T' ̄= tt̄+XX̄=bqq̄b̄q̄q + XX̄. We interpret our results in terms of a model where T' is an exotic fourth generation quark and X is a dark matter particle. The data are consistent with standard model expectations. We set a limit on the generic production of T'T' ̄ = tt ̄=+ XX̄, excluding the fourth generation exotic quarks T' at 95% confidence level up to m<sub>T`</sub> = 400 GeV/c<sup>2</sup> for m<sub>X</sub> ≤ 70 GeV/c<sup>2</sup>.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
"arXiv eprint number arXiv:1107.3574"
Physical Review Letters 107 19 ISSN 0031-9007 AM
Amidei, D; Aaltonen, T; Amerio, S; Anastassov, A; Annovi, A; Gonzalez, B Alvarez; Cantabria Inst. of Phys.].
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14706592