Remark on [electronic resource] : the neutron spherical optical-model absorption
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2007. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The energy-dependent behavior of the absorption term of the spherical neutron optical potential for doubly magic ²°⁸Pb and the neighboring ²°⁹Bi is examined. These considerations suggest a phenomenological model that results in an intuitively attractive energy dependence of the imaginary potential that provides a good description of the observed neutron cross sections and that is qualitatively consistent with theoretical concepts. At the same time it provides an alternative to some of the arbitrary assumptions involved in many conventional optical-model interpretations reported in the literature and reduces the number of the parameters of the model.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/30/2007., "anl/ndm-163", and Nuclear Engineering Division; Smith, A. B.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14707820