Classical Physics and Quantum Loops [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 2004. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 159.5 Kilobytes pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (U.S.), United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The standard picture of the loop expansion associates a factor of h-bar with each loop, suggesting that the tree diagrams are to be associated with classical physics, while loop effects are quantum mechanical in nature. We discuss examples wherein classical effects arise from loop contributions and display the relationship between the classical terms and the long range effects of massless particles.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 05/01/2004., "jlab-thy-04-22", " doe/er/40150-2784", " hep-th/0405239", FT, and Barry R. Holstein; John F. Donoghue.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14708201