Nothing for Franes [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2006. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 15 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Recent work on closed string tachyon condensation suggests the existence of a 'nothing state' where closed strings and space itself vanish. We consider the evolution of D-branes in such condensation processes, focusing on what happens in the condensate itself. We find evidence that the branes exist in the region; although, generically their apparent mass grows exponentially with time. However, there exist specific branes whose boundary state is unaltered by the tachyon.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 11/08/2006., "slac-pub-12179", "hep-th/0611003", Journal of High Energy Physics (JHEP) FT, and Green, Daniel.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14708209