Nuclear PDFs from neutrino deep inelastic scattering [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2007. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (U.S.), United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We study nuclear effects in charged current deep inelastic neutrino--iron scattering in the framework of a chi^2-analysis of parton distribution functions. We extract a set of iron PDFs and show that under reasonable assumptions it is possible to constrain the valence, light sea and strange quark distributions. We compare our results with nuclear parton distribution functions from the literature and find good agreement. Our iron PDFs are used to compute nuclear correction factors which are required in global analyses of free nucleon PDFs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 11/13/2007., "jlab-phy-07-740", " doe/or/23177-0206", " arxiv:0710.4897", " lpsc-07-45", " cern-ph-th-2007-199", FT, and J.F. Owens; J. Y. Yu; J. G. Morfin; I. Schienbein; C. Keppel; F. Olness.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14708372