On Branes and Oriented B fields [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2003.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- vp : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Novel theories appear on the world-volume of branes by orienting B fields along various directions of the branes. We review some of the earlier developments and explore many new examples of these theories. In particular, among other things, we study the pinning effect of branes near conifold like singularities and brane-antibrane theories with different fluxes on their world-volumes. We show that all these theories arise from different limits of an M-theory configuration with appropriately chosen G-fluxes. This gives us a way to study them from a unified framework in M-theory.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:slac-pub-9907
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14708609