Eta bound states in nuclei [electronic resource] : a probe of flavour-singlet dynamics
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 2005.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 139.8 Kilobytes pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (U.S.)
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- We argue that eta bound states in nuclei are sensitive to the singlet component in the eta. The bigger the singlet component, the more attraction and the greater the binding. Thus, measurements of eta bound states will yield new information about axial U(1) dynamics and glue in mesons. Eta - etaprime mixing plays an important role in understanding the value of the eta-nucleon scattering length.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Anthony W. Thomas; Steven D. Bass.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14709010