Search for the decay K+ to pi+ gamma gamma in the pi+ momentum region P > 213 MeV/c [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2005. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 14 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We have searched for the K⁺ → π⁺γγ decay in the kinematic region with π⁺ momentum close to the end point. No events were observed, and the 90% confidence-level upper limit on the partial branching ratio was obtained, B(K⁺ → π⁺γγ, P > 213 MeV/c) < 8.3 x 10⁻⁹ under the assumption of chiral perturbation theory including next-to-leading order ''unitarity'' corrections. The same data were used to determine an upper limit on the K⁺ → π⁺γ branching ratio of 2.3 x 10⁻⁹ at the 90% confidence level.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 05/01/2005., "fermilab-pub-05-449-e", "arXiv eprint number hep-ex/0505069", Physics Letters, (Section) B 623 ISSN 0370-2693; PYLBAJ FT, and Chen, S.; Hu, J.; Cooper, P.S.; Blackmore, E.W.; Bryman, D.A.; Jaffe, D.E.; Bassalleck, B.; Artamonov, A.V.; Bhuyan, B.; Frank, J.S.; Christidi, I.-A.; Diwan, M.V.; Kitching, P.; Khabibullin, M.M.; Khotjantsev, A.N.; Fujiwara, T.; Kobayashi, M.; Kettell, S.H.; Komatsubara, T.K.; Chiang, I.-H.; Kabe, S.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14709118