The 4He(e,e'p)3H Reaction at Jlab [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 2003.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 201.7 Kilobytes pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (U.S.), United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- In the recent experiment E97-111 at Jefferson Lab the unseparated cross section for the (e,e′p) reaction on ⁴He was measured at recoil momenta up to 530 MeV/c. In the plane-wave impulse approximation, many calculations predict a sharp minimum in the cross section for recoil momenta around 450 MeV/c and show that its location is sensitive to the short-range part of the internucleon potential. However, reaction dynamic effects such as final-state interactions and meson-exchange currents can obscure such a minimum. To distinguish and study these effects data were taken at several different kinematic points. The preliminary results of the experiment are presented and compared to recent model calculations.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:jlab-phy-03-164
E 1.99: doe/er/40150-2538
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Fourth International Conference on Perspectives in Hadronic Physics, Trieste (IT), 05/12/2003--05/16/2003.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14710108