Evaluation of the Higher Twist Contribution to the Moments of Proton Structure Functions F2 and g1 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2003. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 106.8 Kilobytes pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (U.S.), United States. Department of Energy, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We performed the measurement of the inclusive electron scattering off the proton in the resonance region (W<2.5 GeV) at momentum transfer Q2 below 4.5 (GeV/c)² with the CLAS detector. The large acceptance of CLAS provided an access to a large, continuous two-dimensional kinematic domain in Q2 and x, allowing therefore an integration of the data at fixed Q2 over x-interval. The covered x-interval at each measured Q2 value is sufficient for an evaluation of the higher moments (n>2). From these data we extracted the structure function F2 and, by including other world data, we studied the Q2 evolution of its moments, Mn(Q2), in order to estimate the higher twist contributions. A similar experiment with polarized proton target is completed at CLAS. These new data allow an accurate determination of higher moments of the proton structure function g1. A preliminary phenomenological analysis indicates an excess of the higher twist contribution in the spin-dependent structure function with respect to the spin-independent one.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 08/01/2003., "jlab-phy-03-228", " doe/er/40150-3143", " hep-ph/0312288", 11th Lomonosov Conference on Elementary Particle Physics, Moscow (RU), 08/21/2003--08/27/2003., and Mikhail Osipenko; Silvano Simula; Evgueni Golovatch; Viktor Mokeev; Gleb Fedotov; Boris Ishkhanov; Giovanni Ricco; Eugeny Isupov.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14710737