Nucleon momentum distributions from a modified scaling analysis of inclusive electron-nucleus scattering [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2002.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Inclusive electron scattering from nuclei at low momentum transfer (corresponding to x ≥ 1) and moderate Q² is dominated by quasifree scattering from nucleons. In the impulse approximation, the cross section can be directly connected to the nucleon momentum distribution via the scaling function F(y). The breakdown of the y-scaling assumptions in certain kinematic regions have prevented extraction of nucleon momentum distributions from such a scaling analysis. With a slight modification to the y-scaling assumptions, it is found that scaling functions can be extracted which are consistent with the expectations for the nucleon momentum distributions.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
9th International Conference on the Structure of Baryons (Baryons 2002), Newport News, VA (US), 03/03/2002--03/08/2002.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14711136