MONTE CARLO ADVANCES FOR THE EOLUS ASCI PROJECT [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2000.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 9 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The Eolus ASCI project includes parallel, 3-D transport simulation for various nuclear applications. The codes developed within this project provide neutral and charged particle transport, detailed interaction physics, numerous source and tally capabilities, and general geometry packages. One such code is MCNPW which is a general purpose, 3-dimensional, time-dependent, continuous-energy Monte Carlo fully-coupled N-Particle transport code. Significant advances are also being made in the areas of modern software engineering and parallel computing. These advances are described in detail.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:la-ur-00-54
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
PHYSOR 2000, AMERICAN NUCLEAR SOCIETY, PITTSBURGH, PA (US), 05/07/2000--05/11/2000.
L. J. COX; G. W. MCKINNEY; J. S. HENDRICK.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14711196