Recent QCD results from D0 at the Tevatron [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 2001.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 217 Kilobytes pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The D0 experiment at the Tevatron proton-antiproton collider accumulated a large sample of high energy jet production data during Run I (1992-1996). Presented here are measurements of the inclusive jet cross section at a center-of-mass energy √s = 1800 GeV, and a ratio of central inclusive jet cross sections at two different center-of-mass energies (1800 and 630 GeV). Also included is a measure of the ratio of multijet production cross sections at the higher √s: All measurements are compared to next-to-leading order QCD predictions with recent parton distribution functions (PDFs). Due to decreased statistical and systematic errors in the measurement, comparison with the theory shows that the prediction may benefit from an increased order in the calculation and from inclusion of proton-antiproton jet data in new global PDF fits.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Lake Louise Winter Institute 2001, Lake Louise, Alberta (CA), 02/18/2001--02/24/2001.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14711398