MEASUREMENTS OF THE PROPERTIES OF D MESON DECAYS [electronic resource].
- Berkeley, Calif. : Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 1980. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 53 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We present a study of the decay properties of charmed D mesons produced near the peak of the ψ" (3770) resonance in e⁺e⁻ annihilation. Branching fractions for nine Cabibbo-favored and three Cabibbo-suppressed decay modes are presented along with upper limits on one additional Cabibbo-favored and four additional Cabibbo-suppressed decay modes. A study of Kππ decay mode Dalitz plots reveals a large quasi-two-body pseudoscalar-vector component for the D° decays and an apparent nonuniform population an the Dalitz plot for the D⁺ decay into K⁻π⁺π⁺. Using tagged events, we measure the charged particle multiplicity and strange particle content of D decays. A measurement of the D⁺ and D° semileptonic decay fractions indicates that the D⁺ has a significantly longer lifetime than the D°.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 05/01/1980., "lbl-10905", Physical Review D FT, Strait, J.; Goldhaber, G.; Trilling, G.H.; Cooper, S.; Blondel, A.; Gidal, G.; Lankford, A.J.; Blocker, C.A.; Eaton, M.W.; Nelson, M.E.; Johnson, A.D.; Kadyk, J.A.; Chinowsky, W.; Carithers, W.C.; Pang, C.Y.; Dieterle, W.E.; Vella, E.N.; Abrams, G.; Coles, M.W.; Dillon, J.B.; Millikan, R.E.; Patrick, J.F.; Videau, I., Computing Sciences Directorate, and Physics Division
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14712078