MH Test Filler Force Limitations [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 1990. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 33 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The OH modules for the DO end calorimeter are being tested by supporting a load to simulate the MH, IH, and EM modules. This test structure, the MH filler, is inserted into the previously assembled OH modules, and then loaded with hydraulic jacks. The maximum test load applied by the jacks is 78,600 lb, which is via the two downstream jacks at 130% of the nominal load. Bill Cooper's memo of 9/10/90 is include as appendix C. This note presents calculations for the AISC maximum allowable stresses/loads of the various parts of the testing assembly. Furthermore, calculations show that the actual test load is less than the AISC allowable.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 10/02/1990., "fermilab-d0-en-261", and Primdahl, K.A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14712596