The gluon propagator in non-Abelian Weizsaecker-Williams fields [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1995.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 23 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of Washington
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The authors carefully compute the gluon propagator in the background of a non-Abelian Weizsaecker-Williams field. This background field is generated by the valence quarks in very large nuclei. They find contact terms in the small fluctuation equations of motion which induce corrections to a previously incorrect result for the gluon propagator in such a background field. The well known problem of the Hermiticity of certain operators in Light Cone gauge is resolved for the Weizsaecker-Williams background field. This is achieved by working in a gauge where singular terms in the equations of motion are absent and then gauge transforming the small fluctuation fields to Light Cone gauge.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Venugopalan, R.; Ayala, A.; Jalilian-Marian, J.; McLerran, L.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 01/01/1995 - 01/01/1995
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14712743