Dilepton Production from Collisions of Polarized Spin 1/2 Hadrons. 2. Parton-model predictions [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 1980. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 57 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Parton-model predictions for lepton-pair production from polarized spin-1/2 particles are considered within the context of a formalism explained in a companion paper. The polarization effects in the quantum-chromodynamic 2 → 2 subprocesses which contribute to lepton-pair production are found to be quite simple. Following the work of Ralston and Soper, polarized distribution functions are defined for gluons as well as quarks. Finally, a detailed discussion of polarization and the hard-scattering formalism is presented for the two cases of intrinsic parton transverse momentum allowed or forbidden.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/01/1980., "fermilab-pub-81-048-t", Physical Review.D, Particles, Fields, Gravitation and Cosmology 23 11 FT, and Gottlieb, Steven A.; Donohue, J.T.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14713264