Exclusive vector meson production in muon-nucleus scattering [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 7 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Preliminary results on the cross section ratios of exclusive incoherent ρ° and φ meson production off deuterium, carbon, calcium, and lead to that off hydrogen and coherent ρ° and φ meson production off calcium and lead to that off carbon in deep-inelastic muon-nucleon and muon-nucleus scattering are reported. The data were taken with the E665 spectrometer using the Fermilab Tevatron muon beam. The mean beam energy was 470 GeV. Increases in the cross section ratios are seen in both the elastic and quasi-elastic production as the four-momentum squared of the virtual photon increases. The results support the idea of color transparency.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
23. international multi-particle dynamics symposium,Aspen, CO (United States),13-17 Aug 1993.
Fang, G.Y.; E665 Collaboration.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14713270