Multiple - pion production by 200-GeV/c muons [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1975.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The main objectives of this experiment are to study the multiple-pion production, especially fire ball-like behavior at the known muon energy, and to compare with the cosmic ray data by means of cloud chambers containing lead plates and with emulsion stack data in the lower energy region (5GeV/c). The cloud chamber data by cosmic ray muons has been investigated by means of the One Fire Ball Model (the mesons are emitted from excited centers) in the energy range of 10 to 100 GeV, while the emulsion data at 5 GeV/c have indicated dominant contributions from isobars (the excited baryon of 1238 MeV). In the cosmic ray data we can not discuss more details of 'the fire ball', such as its mass or temperature, because those incident muon energies can not be estimated directly.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Wada, T.; Saitoh, K.; Mitsui, K.; Katsube, S.; Mizutani, K.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14713649