A measurement of the pion radius [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1970.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 36 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We propose a wire spark chamber experiment to measure the pion electromagnetic radius accurate to ±0.03f by measuring the scattering cross section for 50-80 GeV pions from electrons in a liquid hydrogen target. The data will distinguish between the ρ dominance prediction of 0.64f and the ''proton-like'' radius to 0.81f.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:fermilab-proposal-0071
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Stork, D.; Wehmann, A.; Drickey, Darrell James; Buchanan, C.; Rudnick, D.; Shepard, P.; Ticho, H.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14713831