Theoretical aspects of lepton-hadron scattering [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1992.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (21 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- In this paper, I will emphasize two points on Theoretical Aspects of Lepton-Hadron Scattering: (1) The crucial importance of testing the exact'' sum rules as tests of the local current algebra. Discrepancies, if found, between experiment and theory cannot be interpreted away'' in terms of more complex parton wave functions for the hadronic ground state. The three sum rules of interest are those of Adler, Bjorken, and Gross and Llewellyn-Smith. (2) An understanding of the corrections to scaling in QCD and what they teach us.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
19. SLAC summer institute on particle physics, Stanford, CA (United States), 5-16 Aug 1991.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14714148