Measurement of the neutron spin structure function---Test of the Bjorken sum rule [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1991. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (4 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- As experiment to measure the neutron spin-dependent structure function g₁ⁿ (x) over a range in x from 0.04 to 0.7 and with Q² > 1 (GeV/c)² is presented. The experiment consists of scattering a longitudinally polarized electron beam from the Stanford Linear Accelerator off a polarized ³He target and detecting scattered electrons in two magnetic spectrometers. The experiment will provide a critical test of the Bjorken sum rule and valuable information in understanding the nucleon spin structure and the violation of the Ellis-Jaffe sum rule. 3 figs., 1 tab.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 08/01/1991., "slac-pub-5641", " conf-9109122--1", "DE91018885", 13. European conference on few-body problems in physics, Elba (Italy), 9-14 Sep 1991., and Petratos, G.G.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14714258