Spin observables for nucleon-nucleon elastic scattering at large momentum transfer [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1990. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (8 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We discuss amplitudes for elastic nucleon-nucleon scattering at high energy. The helicity-conserving amplitudes are modeled using a combination of the quark-interchange and the Landshoff mechanisms of perturbative QCD. The relative normalization of these two sets of amplitudes involves a leading order form factor'' which we determine empirically. Our theoretically motivated amplitudes provide an economical description of a large body of existing data and make nontrivial predictions for spin observables. 8 refs., 4 figs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 08/14/1990., "anl-hep-cp-90-73", " conf-900924--12", "DE91006599", 9. international symposium on high energy spin-physics, Bonn (Germany, F.R.), 10-15 Sep 1990., and Ramsey, G.P. . Dept. of Physics Argonne.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14714405