Magnetic moments of the hyperons [electronic resource] : A short experimental review
- Batavia, Ill. : Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, 1989.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 9 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The advent of high energy hyperon beams, the discovery that hyperons produced by the interaction of high energy protons are polarized, and the realization that this polarization vector can be readily processed to yield their magnetic moments has allowed us to test quark models of the baryons to an astonishing level of sophistication. This has all happened in the last dozen years. Let me review where these measurements are now and what the future directions might be. 21 refs., 5 figs., 1 tab.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
8. international symposium on high energy spin physics, Minneapolis, MN, USA, 12 Sep 1988.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14714713