Peaks in the valley [electronic resource] : Searching for resonances in large angle exclusive scattering
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1988.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 7 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The problem we pose for this talk is how to find high mass, relatively broad width, low spin resonances in the midst of very large diffractive backgrounds in hadronic interactions. One possible answer is to study large angle exclusive scattering where the forward diffraction has gone away and the background is small. Moreover, this background may be at least partially understood in the context of perturbative Quantum Chromodynamics. In this talk, we describe results from AGS Experiment 834. 13 refs., 6 figs.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
BNL workshop on glueballs, hybrids and exotic hadrons, Upton, NY, USA, 28 Aug 1988.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14714878