Search for neutrino oscillations [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1987.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 15 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The present paper reports on preliminary results from the E 816 experiment at Brookhaven National Laboratory. E 816 is the continuation of a 1984 experiment (PS 191) which was devoted to a neutrino decay search in the CERN PS neutrino beam. No candidate was seen, but a study of neutrino interactions in the calorimeter indicated an anomalous electron production. The statistics was too low and the experiment has been rerun in spring 86 at BNL to look specifically, with an improved detector for nu/sub e/ arising from a low energy nu/sub ..mu../ beam. The results presented here are preliminary for at least two reasons: first the collaboration is presently running a calibration test which results are not included here; second, only 1/3 of the neutrino data is used, and no mention will be made to antineutrino data for which the analysis is still going on. This report will directly start with a description of our apparatus, followed by the data analysis.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
BNL neutrino workshop, Upton, NY, USA, 5 Feb 1987.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14715092