Transverse momentum signatures for heavy Higgs bosons [electronic resource].
- Berkeley, Calif. : Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 1986.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 9 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Heavy Higgs bosons produced by WW fusion at the SSC will have transverse mementum of order M/sub w/. The background due to q anti q ..-->.. ZZ will produce pairs with characteristically less transverse momentum. This provides a useful discriminator. It may be possible to tag the WW fusion events in a manner analogous to that used in two photon physics. 12 refs., 4 figs.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Workshop on observable standard model physics at the SSC: Monte Carlo simulation and detector capabilities, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 15 Jan 1986.
Cahn, R.N.; Stirling, W.J.; Ellis, S.D.; Kleiss, R.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14715251