sigma model approach to the heterotic string theory [electronic resource].
- Menlo Park, Calif. : Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, 1985. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 6 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Relation between the equations of motion for the massless fields in the heterotic string theory, and the conformal invariance of the sigma model describing the propagation of the heterotic string in arbitrary background massless fields is discussed. It is emphasized that this sigma model contains complete information about the string theory. Finally, we discuss the extension of the Hull-Witten proof of local gauge and Lorentz invariance of the sigma-model to higher order in ..cap alpha..', and the modification of the transformation laws of the antisymmetric tensor field under these symmetries. Presence of anomaly in the naive N = 1/2 supersymmetry transformation is also pointed out in this context. 12 refs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/01/1985., "slac-pub-3794", " conf-850798-2", "DE86002936", Workshop on unified string theories, Santa Barbara, CA, USA, 29 Jul 1985., and Sen, A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14715330