A measurement of intermediate vector boson production in 1. 8 TeV /bar p/p collisions [electronic resource].
- Argonne, Ill. : Argonne National Laboratory, 1988. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 7 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The cross section for the production and subsequent decay to electron and neutrino of the W intermediate vector boson has been measured in 1.8 TeV /bar p/p collisions at the Collider Detector at Fermilab. An analysis of events with missing transverse energy greater than 25 GeV and an electron of transverse energy greater than 15 GeV from a data sample of 25nb/sup /minus/1/ gives sigma/center dot/B = 2.57 +- 0.56 +- 0.46nb, in agreement with theoretical predictions. 10 refs., 4 figs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/27/1988., "anl-hep-cp-88-30", " conf-8803109-10", "DE89005840", 23. Rencontre de Moriond conference: electroweak interactions and unified theories, Les Arcs, France, 6 Mar 1988., and St.Denis, R.D.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14715485