Observation of tensor and scalar mesons produced in e/sup +/e/sup -/ annihilation at 29 GeV [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1986.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 15 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The production of the tensor mesons, integral/sup 0/(1270) and K*/sup 0/(1430), and the scalar meson S(975) have been observed in e/sup +/e/sup -/ annihilation at 29 GeV center of mass energy, using data obtained with the HRS detector at the PEP storage ring. The mean multiplicities for meson momenta greater than 1450 MeV/c are <n/sub f/sup 0//> = 0.11 +- 0.04, <n/sub K*/sup 0/(1430)/> = 0.10 +- 0.06, and <n/sub S/> = 0.05 +- 0.02 per hadronic event. The fragmentation functions of the tensor mesons are in good agreement with the predictions of the Webber cluster model. The possibility of a large strange quark component in the S meson structure is suggested by the data.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
23. international conference on high-energy physics, Berkeley, CA, USA, 16 Jul 1986.
Miller, D.H.; Ng, C.R.; Loeffler, F.J.; Abachi, S.; Bylsma, B.G.; McIlwain, R.L.; Baringer, P.; DeBonte, R.; Koltick, D.; Low, E.H.
Purdue Univ., Lafayette, IN (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14715810