Importance of being topologically excited [electronic resource].
- Berkeley, Calif. : University of California, Berkeley, 1980.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 8 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of California, Berkeley
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A class of Euclidean configurations that appear to be dominant in the functional integral of the CP/sup N-1/ models is identified. These configurations are point-like topological excitations, and they may be viewed as constituents of instantons, although they are defined independently of instantons through a continuum duality transformation. Not only do these configurations survive as N ..-->.. infinity, but in the plasma phase they are responsible for the effects encountered within the 1/N expansion - confinement, theta dependence, and dynamical mass generation.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
20. international conference on high energy physics, Madison, WI, USA, 17 Jul 1980.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14715923