Properties of high-transverse-energy hadronic events [electronic resource].
- Batavia, Ill. : Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, 1982. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 27 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Cross sections and event structure for events produced in pp and pA collisions with high transverse momentum are presented. The events were studied using the large acceptance Fermilab Multiparticle Spectrometer. The pp cross sections are substantially larger than predictions from the 4-jet QCD model. Production at high transverse momentum from nuclear targets increases more rapidly than the atomic mass number. The majority of the pp events are non-planar. After applying cuts to the data there is a tendency for high transverse momentum events to be more planar than ones with lower transverse momentum.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 03/01/1982., "fermilab-conf-82/34-exp", " conf-820371-2", "DE82014977", 17. Recontre de Moriond meeting, Les Arcs, Savoie, France, 14 Mar 1982., and Brown, B.; Gronemeyer, S.; Devenski, P.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14716280