Exact and approximate multiple diffraction calculations. [Fixed-scatterer model, three-body problem, two-body amplitudes] [electronic resource].
- College Park, Md. : University of Maryland (College Park, Md.), 1976.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 41 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of Maryland (College Park, Md.)
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A three-body potential scattering problem is solved in the fixed scatterer model exactly and approximately to test the validity of commonly used assumptions of multiple scattering calculations. The model problem involves two-body amplitudes that show diffraction-like differential scattering similar to high energy hadron-nucleon amplitudes. The exact fixed scatterer calculations are compared to Glauber approximation, eikonal-expansion results and a noneikonal approximation.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Wallace, S.J.; Sparrow, D.A.; Alexander, Y.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14716346