Relativistic description of directly interacting pions and nucleons. [T matrix element] [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1976.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 12 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The expected magnitudes of the leading relativistic effects on an off-energy-shell T matrix element are estimated using the Bakamjian--Thomas formulation of relativistic potential theory. For pion-nucleon scattering at medium energy, the two largest corrections are expected to result from the use of relativistic relative momenta rather than nonrelativistic values. The importance of additional terms depends upon the detailed behavior of the T matrix.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1976., "la-ur-76-1197", " conf-760561-2", International topical conference on meson-nuclear physics, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, 24 May 1976., Heller, L., and Los Alamos Scientific Lab., N.Mex. (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14716382