Search for nu/sub tau/ in the 350-GeV wide-band neutrino beam and an upper limit for nu/sub. mu. / oscillation into nu/sub tau [electronic resource].
- Batavia, Ill. : Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, 1980.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 14 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- We present a preliminary result on the neutrino oscillation from nu/sub ..mu../ to nu/sub tau/ using a hybrid nuclear emulsion detector performed at Fermilab with a wide band neutrino beam. No candidates for tauons were found among the secondary products of 885 located (anti-) neutrino interactions. We have set an upper limit of 1.35% (90% CL) for the nu/sub tau/ flux relative to nu/sub ..mu../ at the detector. Its implication to the neutrino oscillation is presented. At the maximum mixing between nu/sub ..mu../ and nu/sub tau/, we set an upper limit ..delta..m/sup 2/ < 3 eV/sup 2/ (90% CL).
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Neutrino mass mini-conference, Cable, WI, USA, 1 Oct 1980.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14716417