Neutral current phenomenology based on the gauge group SU(2) x U(1) x U'(1) [electronic resource].
- Eugene, Ore : University of Oregon, 1978. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 14 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of Oregon and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Models based on the gauge group SU(2) x U(1) x U'(1) are constructed as alternatives to the standard model. These lead naturally to an effective Lagrangian for neutrino-hadron scattering that is identical to the standard model. The electron-quark interactions can be chosen to yield the correct result for polarized electron-deuterium asymmetry measured at SLAC, while permitting a small value for parity violation in bismuth. Definitive tests for these models are the y dependence of the asymmetry in electron-deuterium and electron-proton deep inelastic scattering, which should be fairly rapid, and the assignment of e/sub R/ to a doublet, which can be tested in neutrino-electron scattering. Other tests of the models are also considered. A different version of the model predicts all results identical to the standard model of small q/sup 2/, but allows a lighter Z boson. Models that are not strictly natural are also discussed. 19 references, 4 figures.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 11/01/1978., "doe/er/70004-241", " rlo-2230-t4-241", and Deshpande, N.G.; Iskandar, D.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14716871