Shaking the foundation : Charles Darwin and the theory of evolution / Sylvia A. Johnson
- Johnson, Sylvia A.
- Minneapolis : Twenty-First Century Books, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 88 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Enter Charles Darwin -- Building a theory -- On the origin of species -- The controversy begins -- Witnesses for the opposition -- The decline of Darwinism -- Darwinism and society -- Evolution under fire.
- Follows the battle to reconcile scientific fact with religious faith with regard to Darwin's theory of evolution, from the supporting theories of fellow scientists, to the opposing voices of clergymen, to twenty-first-century supporters of Intelligent Design. Through quotations from letters and other contemporary sources, readers will meet the personalities and ideas involved in the debate. They will also examine some of the legal cases that brought evolution into the U.S. courtroom.
- 9780761354864 (lib. bdg. : alk. paper)
0761354867 (lib. bdg. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 81-85) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Class of 1960 Libraries Endowment; 2014
- Endowment Note:
- Class of 1960 Libraries Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 14717772