Biblical Hebrew, biblical texts : essays in memory of Michael P. Weitzman / edited by Ada Rapaport-Albert and Gillian Greenberg
- Sheffield : Sheffield Academic Press, 2001.
- Physical Description:
- 528 pages : portrait ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Rapoport-Albert, Ada
Greenberg, Gillian, 1935-
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Journal for the study of the Old Testament Supplement series ; 333
Hebrew Bible and its versions ; 2
- Language Note:
- English text, with Biblical quotations in Hebrew.
- Isaiah and the Holy One of Israel / H.G.M. Williamson -- Some difficult words in Isaiah 28.10 and 13 / John A. Emerton -- The legacy of Lowth : Robert Lowth and the book of Isaiah in particular / Robert P. Gordon -- Hosea : the rabbinic commentators and the ancient versions / Andrew A. Macintosh -- The sacrifice of fools and the wisdom of silence : Qoheleth, Job and the presence of God / Coralie A. Gutridge -- Tin and tin-lead alloys in Hebrew and Jewish Aramaic / Dan Levene and Beno Rothenberg -- Ark, archaism and misappropriation / Raphael Loewe -- The ancient versions of the Hebrew Bible : their nature and significance / Anthony Gelston -- Greek words shared by the Peshitta and Targums to the Pentateuch / Jan Joosten -- Multidimensional scaling (mapping) of Peshitta manuscripts of Numbers and Deuteronomy / Donald Walter -- Text divisions in the Syriac translations of Isaiah / Sebastian P. Brock -- Some secondary expansions in the Masoretic text of Jeremiah : retroversion is perilous but the risk may be worthwhile / Gillian Greenberg -- Twin Targums : Psalm 18 and 2 Samuel 22 / Marian Smelik and Willem Smelik -- Making sense of Job 37.13 : translation strategies in 1 1Q10, Peshitta and the rabbinic Targum / Sally L. Gold -- The Qumran Pesharim and the text of Isaiah in the Cave 4 manuscripts / George J. Brooke -- 3 Maccabees, Hanukkah and Purim / Philip S. Alexander -- The translation of I Enoch 70.1 : some methodological issues / Michael A. Knibb -- Jewish and Christian collaboration in ancient Syria / Michael M. Winter -- A Karshuni (Christian Arabic) account of the descent of the watchers / Siam Bhayro -- The relation between Biblical text and lectionary systems in the Eastern Church / Konrad D. Jenner -- "Come here ... and let us sit and read ..." : the use of Psalms in five Syriac authors / David J. Lane -- The Hebrew and the Greek as alternatives to the Syriac version in Išoʻdad's Commentary on the Psalms / R. Bas ter Haar Romeny -- Did Jacob of Edessa know Hebrew? / Alison Salvesen -- Goethe on Hebrew / Eeward Ullendorff.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 476-501) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 14717995