Revenue, finance, pricing, and economics
- Washington, D.C. : Transportation Research Board, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 178 pages : illustrations, charts, maps ; 28 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- National Research Council (U.S.). Transportation Research Board
National Research Council (U.S.). Transportation Research Board. Policy and Organization Group
- Transportation research record, 0361-1981 ; no. 2450
- Modern transportation funding and user-pays principle: Are drivers paying for what they get and getting what they pay for? / Aaron W. Fackler and Debbie Niemeier -- Road usage charges in Washington state? Methodical approach to evaluating a transition away from the gas tax / Jeffrey N. Buxbaum [and two others] -- Private road to sustainable mobility? / P. Christopher Zegras and Christopher Grillo -- Assessment of economic impacts of vehicle miles traveled fee for passenger vehicles in Nevada / Alexander Paz [and four others] -- Express Lanes performance evaluation: Interstate 35W in Minnesota / Kenneth R. Buckeye -- Examination of paid travel on I-85 express lanes / Nicholas S. Wood [and two others] -- Socioeconomic assessment: Conversion of I-85 high-occupancy vehicle to high-occupancy toll in Atlanta, Georgia / Sara Khoeini and Randall Guensler -- Tax or toll? GPS-based assessment of equity impacts of large-scale electronic freeway tolling in Gauteng, South Africa / Christoffel J. Venter and Johan W. Joubert -- Impacts to transit from Seattle, Washington, urban partnership agreement program / Brian Pessaro and Praprut Songchitruksa -- Pay-as-you-drive insurance: Its impacts on household driving and welfare / Brice G. Nichols and Kara M. Kockelman -- Public-private partnership tenders: Optimizing on competition / Athena Roumboutsos and Fabio Sciancalepore -- Local government funding and financing of roads in Virginia: Lessons learned / Peter B. Ohlms -- New tool to understand value-for-money analysis concepts in evaluating public-private partnership options / Patrick DeCorla-Souza -- Option game model for optimizing concession length and public subsidies of public-private partnerships / Wei Peng [and two others] -- Financing infrastructure projects through public-private partnerships in India / T.S. Ramakrishnan -- Emerging public-private partnerships in China's rail mass transit: Case of Shenzhen / Xiaofan Luan [and three others] -- Public-private infrastructure cooperative: New infrastructure funding paradigm / Julie Kim -- U.S. toll roads since 1950: Trends in toll rates per mile compared with inflation / Ronald W. Davis -- Robust tolling schemes for high-occupancy toll facilities under variable demand / Lauren M.Gardner [and three others] -- Economic evaluation of trends in travel time reliability in road transport: Analysis of traffic data in the Netherlands from 2001 to 2011 / Han van der Loop [and two others] -- Analysis of alternative to Kentucky weight-distance tax / Andrew Martin [and two others].
- "TRB's Transportation Research Record (TRR): Journal of the Transportation Research Board (TRR), No. 2450: Revenue, Finance, Pricing, and Economics consists of 21 articles that explores the modern transportation funding and user-pays principle; road uses charges in Washington state; use of private roads to promote sustainable mobility; economic impacts of a vehicle-miles-traveled fee for passenger vehicles in Nevada; and an express lane performance evaluation; and an examination of paid travel on I-85 Express Lanes. This issue also assesses the conversion of I-85 high-occupancy vehicle to a high-occupancy toll in Atlanta, Georgia; a GPS-based assessment of equity impacts of large-scale electronic freeway tolling in Gauteng, South Africa; an evaluation of the Urban Partnership Agreement in Seattle, Washington and its impact on transit; and pay-as-you-drive insurance. Additionally, this TRR examines public-private partnership tenders; local government funding and financing of roads in Virginia; a new tool to understand the value-for-money concepts in public-private partnership options; an option game model for optimizing concession length and public subsidies of public-private partnerships; and financing infrastructure projects using public-private partnerships in India. This TRR also explores emerging public-private partnerships in China's rail mass transit; public-private infrastructure cooperatives; U.S. toll road trends since 1950; tolling initiatives for high-occupancy toll facilities under variable demand; an economic evaluation of trends in travel time reliability in road transportation; and an alternative to the Kentucky weight-distance tax." -- Publisher's description
- 9780309295383 (paperback)
- "Journal of the Transportation Research Board."
"A peer-reviewed publication."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online.
View MARC record | catkey: 14718062