Images and texts : papers in honour of Professor Eric Handley CBE FBA / edited by Richard Green & Mike Edwards
- Additional Titles:
- Papers in honour of Professor Eric Handley CBE FBA
- London : Institute of Classical Studies, School of Advanced Study, University of London, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- x, 135 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Handley, E. W. (Eric W.), 1926-2013
Green, J. R. (John Richard)
Edwards, Michael, 1958-
- Bulletin of the Institute of Classical Studies supplement ; 129
- Language Note:
- Contributions in English; one in French.
- Space in the tragic scholia / Pat Easterling -- Menander on the poetics of comedy / Christopher Carey -- A few letters more / Peter Parsons -- The text and staging of the recognition scene in Menander's Perikeiromene / William Furley -- Pictures of pictures of comedy : Campanian Santia, Athenian Amphitryon, and Plautine Amphitruo / J.R. Green -- Hyperides in the Archimedes palimpsest / Mike Edwards -- Patterns of significance : Publilius Optatianus Porfyrius and the figurations of meaning / Michael Squire -- Tribute to Eric Handley / Alain Blanchard.
- 9781905670567 (pbk.)
- "Most of the papers in this volume were presented in a colloquium at the Institute of the afternoon of 6 October 2011 in celebration of Eric's 85th birthday in the following month. The topic of one has been changed by the contributor. Two others have been added, written by friends who had been unable to present because of other duties"--Preface.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
"Eric Handley publications": pages 125-130.
View MARC record | catkey: 14718137