Out of the ordinary / [concept: Wieki Somers, Dylan van den Berg, Noortje van den Elzen, Mevis & Van Deursen].
- Additional Titles:
- Studio Wieki Somers : out of the ordinary
- Zürich : JRP/Ringier, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 205 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Somers, Wieki, 1976-, Studio Wieki Somers, and Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen (Rotterdam, Netherlands)
- Established by Wieki Somers and Dylan van den Berg, Studio Wieki Somers sees extraordinary qualities in our everyday surroundings. Working for a great variety of international manufacturers, museums, and galleries including Galerie Kreo Paris/London they ask themselves how the ordinary things around us come into being. Their products are remarkable not only for the narratives they contain, but also for their experimental use of materials and technical ingenuity. The studio's 10th anniversary publication "Out of the Ordinary" is lavishly illustrated, and elucidates the design philosophy of Studio Wieki Somers.
- Published on the occasion of the exhibition held at Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen in Rotterdam, Oct. 11, 2014-Jan. 11, 2015.
View MARC record | catkey: 14718850