Agrobiodiversity conservation : securing the diversity of crop wild relatives and landraces / edited by Nigel Maxted [and others].
- Additional Titles:
- Securing the diversity of crop wild relatives and landraces
- Wallingford, Oxfordshire ; Cambridge, MA : CABI, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 365 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Maxted, Nigel
- Genetic reserve conservation of European crop wild relative and landrace diversity / L. Frese [and others] -- In Situ conservation of crop wild relatives: a strategy for identifying priority genetic reserve sites / S.P. Kell [and others] -- Spatial and ecogeographic approaches for selecting genetic reserves in Europe / M. Parra-Quijano [and others] -- The challenges of modeling species distribution: a case study of wild cherry (Prunus avium L.) in Europe / C. Teeling, N. Maxted and B.V. Ford-Floyd -- Towards the establishment of a genetic reserve for Beta patula aiton / M.Â.A. Pinheiro de Carvalho -- Beta patula Aiton: genetic diversity analysis / L. Frese -- Assessing genetic reserves in Sicily (Italy): the Brassica wild relatives case study / F. Branca, S. Argento, and A. Tribulato -- The AEGRO Brassica case study / K. Kristiansen and G.K. Bjørn -- Surveying and conserving European Avena species diversity / A. Katsiotis and G. Lasizinsky -- Quality standards for genetic reserve conservation of crop wild relatives / J.M. Iriondo [and others] -- Conservation of biodiversity and genetic resources in semi-natural grasslands in Norway / E. Svalheim and A. Åsdal -- Effective conservation of Medicago crop wild relatives in Russia and neighbouring countries: gap analysis points the way forward / S.L. Greene [and others] -- Towards In Situ conservation of crop wild relatives in Lithuania / J. Labokas [and others] -- In Situ conservation of Crocus carwrightianusin Cyclades and Crete / P. Ralli and C. Dordas -- Landraces: importance and use in breeding and environmentally friendly agronomic systems / S. Ceccarelli -- Landraces in Europe: an approach towards identifying landrace-rich areas as a priority for protection / V. Negri [and others] -- On-farm conservation of the forage species Timothy, Meadow Fescue and Red Clover: generation of new landraces in Norway / K. Daugstad -- On-farm conservation and participatory maize breeding in Portugal: an overview / P. Mendes-Moreira and S.E. Pego -- Farm seed opportunities, recommendations for on-farm conservation in Europe / R. Bocci [and others] -- Portuguese landraces: on-farm conservation, management and use / A.M. Barata [and others] -- What's in a name: a closer look at heritage variety definition / J.M. Preston -- On-farm conservation of plant genetic resources in Lazio Region, Italy. Implementation of the Regional Act 1st March 2000 N°15" / M.T. Costanza [and others] -- On-farm conservation in industrialized countries: a way to promote dynamic management of biodiversity within agroecosystems / M. Thomas [and others] -- A second look at the European strategic approach to conserving crop landraces / M. Veteläinen, V. Negri and N. Maxted -- Comparing genetic diversity within a crop and its wild progenitor: a case study for barley / B. Kilian [and others] -- Using neutral genetic diversity to prioritize crop wild relative populations: a Portuguese endemic case study for Dianthus cintranus Boiss. & Reut. subsp. barbatus R. Fern. & Franco / J. Magos Brehm [and others] -- The challenge of In Situ conservation of crop wild relatives in the biotechnology era -- a case study of wild rice species / Bao-Rong Lu -- European crop wild relative threat assessment: knowledge gained and lessons learnt / S.P. Kell, N. Maxted and M. Bilz -- Documentation landscape for plant genetic resources -- focus on In Situ and on-farm / S. Harrer, F. Begemann and Th. van Hintum -- Crop wild relatives in Brandenburg, Germany: establishing a system for reporting and monitoring for the In Situ conservation of crop wild relatives / R. Vögel and A. Reichling -- Population level information management for crop wild relatives / C.U. Germeier [and others] -- Development of an In Situ database inventory -- on the way to a Swiss solution for forages / B. Boller, B. Schierscher-Viret and C. Koehler -- The role of EURISCO in promoting use of agricultural biodiversity / S. Dias, M.E. Dulloo and E. Arnaud -- SWOT analysis of the German seed savers sector / J. Efken -- Achievements of the European native seed conservation network -- ENSCONET / R.J. Eastwood and J.V. Müller -- Medicinal and aromatic plants ECPGR working group: objectives and achievements / A.M. Barata and A. Åsdal -- A community divided: lessons from the conservation of crop wild relatives around the world / D. Hunter [and others] -- Interactive characterization of Scottish Avena strigosa schrab. landraces on the outer Hebrides / M. Scholten [and others] -- Modern landrace crops: the De Novo synthesis of new crop landraces / M.J. Ambrose -- Ecological strategies for crop plants and their wild relatives / R. Milla -- AEGIS: a regionally based approach to PGR conservation / J.M.M. Engels and L. Maggioni -- European on-farm conservation activities: an update from six countries / V. Negri [and others] -- Current and future threats and opportunities facing European crop wild relative and landrace diversity / N. Maxted [and others].
- 9781845938512 (alk. paper)
1845938518 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Mary C. and Paul B. Hood Libraries Endowment for Environmental Studies; 2014
- Endowment Note:
- Don and Marion MacKinnon Library Endowment in Biotechnology
Mary C. and Paul B. Hood Libraries Endowment for Environmental Studies
View MARC record | catkey: 14719550