Final report on work for Center for Gyrokinetic Particle Simulation of Turbulent Transport in Burning Plasmas — Tools for Improved Data Logistics [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2008.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This project focused on the use of Logistical Networking technology to address the challenges involved in rapid sharing of data from the the Center's gyrokinetic particle simulations, which can be on the order of terabytes per time step, among researchers at a number of geographically distributed locations. There is a great need to manage data on this scale in a flexible manner, with simulation code, file system, database and visualization functions requiring access. The project used distributed data management infrastructure based on Logistical Networking technology to address these issues in a way that maximized interoperability and achieved the levels of performance the required by the Center's application community. The work focused on the development and deployment of software tools and infrastructure for the storage and distribution of terascale datasets generated by simulations running at the National Center for Computational Science at Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 09/15/2004 - 09/14/2008
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14738322