Simulation of Alpha-Channeling in Mirror Machines [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2008.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 1.02Mb : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Princeton University. Plasma Physics Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Applying α-channeling techniques to mirror machines can significantly increase their effective reactivity, thus making open configurations more advantageous for practical fusion. A large fraction of α particle energy can be extracted using rf waves. Effects employed to cool α particles can also in principle be used to heat the fusion ions; the possibility to design a configuration of rf waves which could be used to perform both tasks is demonstrated.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
A.I. Zhmoginov, N.J. Fisch.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14738465