Temperature measurement through detailed balance in X-ray Thomson scattering [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2009.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- PDF-file: 7 pages; size: 0.4 Mbytes
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The plasma conditions in isochorically heated beryllium are measured by x-ray Thomson scattering in the collective regime with a Cl Ly-α x-ray source at 2.96 keV. In addition to the down-shifted plasmon shape which provides electron density and temperature information, an up-shifted plasmon signal is observed allowing a model independent determination of the plasma temperature from the detailed balance relation.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Presented at: Radiative Properties of Hot Dense Matter 2008, Santa Barbara, CA, United States, Nov 10 - Nov 14, 2008.
Lee, H J; Landen, O L; Glenzer, S H; Regan, S P; Neumayer, P; Doppner, T.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14738565