Three-dimensional Simulation of Gas Conductance Measurement Experiments on Alcator C-Mod [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2004.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 1.1 MB pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Three-dimensional Monte Carlo neutral transport simulations of gas flow through the Alcator C-Mod subdivertor yield conductances comparable to those found in dedicated experiments. All are significantly smaller than the conductance found with the previously used axisymmetric geometry. A benchmarking exercise of the code against known conductance values for gas flow through a simple pipe provides a physical basis for interpreting the comparison of the three-dimensional and experimental C-Mod conductances.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
D.P. Stotler; B. LaBombard.
Princeton Plasma Physics Lab., Princeton, NJ (US)
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14738992