Physics Analysis of the FIRE Experiment [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2002.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 489 Kilobytes pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- An integrated model of a complete discharge in the FIRE experiment has been developed based on the TSC simulation code. The complete simulation model includes a choice of several models for core transport, combined with an edge pedestal model and the Porcelli sawtooth model. Burn control is provided by feedback on the auxiliary heating power. We find that with the GLF23 and MMM95 transport models, Q >10 operation should be possible for H-mode pedestal temperatures in the range of 4-5 keV.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:pppl-3710.pdf
- Published through SciTech Connect.
H. Strauss; D. Meade; W. Park; G. Fu; N. Gorelenkov; J. Manickam; C.E. Kessel; S.C. Jardin; J. Breslau.
Princeton Plasma Physics Lab., NJ (US)
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14739498